Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Ideas For A Magazine


I saw this front cover of Q magazine and ideas sprung to mind of how I could piece my front cover together using different images. I chose Q instead of XXL magazine because  although XXL had a more hip-hop vibe, Q had the better layout I was looking for. Q has more of a extravagant edge, with bolder colours. The image on the front cover features Lady Gaga, Jay-Z and Dave Grohl. When at the time this issue was released were the biggest stars at the time. These are used for effect to antsy  the audience to purchase the magazine as one of the wealthiest rappers ever graces the front cover in a casual attire, with a pose that suggest he is beyond confident within himself giving the audience a sense of belief. Lady Gaga stands behind him as an independent woman holding her title, whilst standing next to Dave Grohl as he holds his guitar he shows a cool dude image. I liked how artists from different genres can come together and stand united, which s what I want to enforce with my magazine unity.


No comments:

Post a Comment